To advise on the precautions which should be taken for the prevention of accidents in the use of abrasive wheels. This course will enable companies to meet their statutory requirements.
Staff designated as being responsible for the mounting of abrasive wheels and the maintenance and care of grinding equipment.
- Detailed examination of and discussion of the Regulations
- Abrasive Wheels characteristics
- The British Standard System of Wheel Marking
- Inspection, mounting and testing of abrasive wheels
- Wheel turning and dressing
- Wheel balancing
- Storing, handling and transportation of abrasive wheels
- Spindle speeds and speed control
- Wheel guarding, adjustment of rests
- Precautions to be taken by the operator
Note: A practical certificate of competence can be issued after an additional half day practical demonstration followed by an assessment of competence. This part of the course will be conducted within the company’s premises.