This elementary one day course is certified and approved by The Royal Environmental Health Institute for Scotland (REHIS). It is designed to give employees an appreciation of the requirements and responsibilities of Health & Safety in the workplace.
Employees with an interest and some responsibility for Health & Safety in the workplace.
The certificate is awarded by REHIS on successfully passing the examination at the end of the course.
- Health and Safety at Work
- Background/Health & Safety legislation
- Accidents and Ill Health
- Prevention of accidents and ill health
- Risk assessment/First Aid at Work
- Personal protective equipment
- Safety in the Workplace
- Health, Safety and Welfare
- Work Equipment
- Electricity/Fire Prevention
- Occupational Health
- Health hazards and hazardous substances
- Ergonomics and workstation design
- Manual Handling and Noise