The course is designed to cover the statutory information requirements laid down by the 1998 Approved Code of Practice and Guidance. Course participants should also develop a more positive and systematic approach to safe working methods.
Supervisors, tool setters and other persons who are involved in preparing power presses for use.
- Inspection records and systems
- The nature and function of clutch mechanisms, flywheels, brakes and ancillary equipment
- Types and functions of safety devices
- Guarding of power presses
- Tool design and its influence on safety
- The work of a tool setter
- Electrical and electronic devices on power presses
- Accident causation and prevention