This qualification is based on the HSE training standard for delivery of First Aid at Work courses for the purposes of the Health & Safety (First-Aid) Regulations 1981.
Aim of Qualification
The aim of the qualification is to enable learners to attain the knowledge and competence needed to deal with a range of emergency first aid situations. Learners should be able to demonstrate the practical administration of safe, prompt, effective first aid in emergency situations with an understanding of the role of the first aider.
The qualification is designed for people who have a specific responsibility at work, or in voluntary and community activities, to provide First Aid when dealing with an emergency situation.
- The Role of the First Aider
- Incident and Casualty Assessment
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Recovery Position & Management of Seizure
- External Bleeding & Hypovolaemic Shock
- Minor Injuries & Eye Injuries
- Chest Injuries
- Burns & Scalds (minor & severe)
- Written Assessments
A Level 2 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work is issued on successful completion of the course. This is valid for 3 years.