Edinburgh & District Employers’ Training Association Limited was set up in 1966 and was located at Dock Street, Leith. EDETA as it became known, then moved to Kinnaird Park in January 2002. It is a Limited Company with charitable status under the Companies Acts, 1948 to 1967.
Brian Thorpe The Chief Executive Officer is responsible to a Board of Directors appointed from member companies of the Association. Board members meet regularly to discuss how the Association should develop to meet the current training requirements. For information regarding Membership, please contact the Chief Executive Officer.
Many years of training experience have enabled EDETA staff to acquire in-depth knowledge regarding the effective design and delivery of training programmes and courses ranging from Modern Apprenticeships in Engineering, Information Technology, Administration and Team Leadership it also delivers a wide variety of Health and Safety Training.
EDETA trainers attend seminars and courses to attain accreditation to deliver the training currently in demand. The design and delivery of our programmes are continually updated to incorporate any regulatory changes.
In addition to our scheduled training courses we offer the option of delivering specially adapted courses to meet the needs of individual companies. After agreeing the objectives for the course, our training staff will design and present the course of your choice to meet the individual requirements within your organisation. The course can then be delivered in Company or at our Training Centre. For further information on our courses please contact us on 0131 454 4840.
The Training Centre is located in Fleming House at Kinnaird Park. The spacious premises consist of well-equipped lecture rooms. Our lecture rooms can accommodate up to 20 people per room. Arrangements can be made for the hire of our facilities for seminars and conferences.
Edeta trainers are highly qualified staff with many years of training experience in the design and delivery of training programmes and courses ranging from Modern Apprenticeships in Engineering, Information Technology, Business Administration and a wide variety of Health and Safety training courses.
Their credentials include:
- QLDR Units(D32/33,A1/A2)Workplace Assessor and QLDR Units (D34,V1) Verifiers Certificate holders
- Accredited to deliver courses in CITB, Enginuity, IOSH, REHIS, CCNSG “Safety Passport” and SPA “Safety Passport”
- REHIS Diploma holder and Member
- D34 TDLB accredited
- Post Graduate Certificate in Safety & Risk Management
- Proven track record in H&S inspections, Audits and Risk Assessment.
- History of promotion of and policing of “safety first” culture of all trades associated with new build, repair and maintenance of structures.
- Experienced in the delivery of centre-based and in-house training courses, following a set syllabus or devising a specific course around the needs of the client ensuring that it conforms to current legislation and “safe work” practices.
- Mr Alan Hook (Chairman)
Bruntons Aero Products Ltd
- Mr Brian Thorpe
Company Secretary/Chief Executive
- Mr Ian Alton (Vice Chairman) Veolia Water
- Mr James McGeechan
- Mr Andrew Haston
- Ms Michelle Quinn
Brian Thorpe - CEO
Health & Safety Trainer