Health & Safety Management
EDETA is committed to the effective design and delivery of Health & Safety Management courses IOSH & REHIS approved.
This course gives participants an overview of the 1997 Regulations and Approved Code of Practice governing work activities associated with confined spaces.
Persons responsible for either controlling of work activities within confined spaces or those employed to work in such situations.
- 1997 Confined Spaces Regs. Approved Code of Practice and associated legislation.
- Risk assessments
- Permits to work
- Safe systems of work
- Personal protective equipment
- Emergency procedures
The course developed by the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) is designed to ensure that safety requirements are appreciated by people employed as line managers, enabling them to review their own systems for safety and implement changes as appropriate.
People required to manage safely and effectively in compliance with both their organisation’s policy and the best practice in Health and Safety.
- Module 1 – Introducing Managing Safely
- Module 2 – Assessing risks
- Module 3 – Controlling Risks
- Module 4 – Understanding your responsibilities
- Module 5 – Identifying risks
- Module 6 – Investigating accidents
- Module 7 – Measuring performance
- Module 8 – Protecting our environment
The Certificate of Managing Safely awarded by IOSH on the successful complete of the Institute’s assessment procedure.
Developed by the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH), the course aims to make workers aware of their responsibilities to ensure that their individual and collective actions contribute to health and safety in the workplace.
Employees whose work exposes them to risk.
- Module 1 – Introducing Working Safely
- Module 2 – Defining hazard and risk
- Module 3 – Identifying common hazards
- Module 4 – Improving safety performance
- Module 5 – Protecting the environment
The Working Safely certificate is awarded by IOSH on successful completion of the Institute’s assessment procedure.
This elementary one day course is certified and approved by The Royal Environmental Health Institute for Scotland (REHIS). It is designed to give employees an appreciation of the requirements and responsibilities of Health & Safety in the workplace.
Employees with an interest and some responsibility for Health & Safety in the workplace.
The certificate is awarded by REHIS on successfully passing the examination at the end of the course.
- Health and Safety at Work
- Background/Health & Safety legislation
- Accidents and Ill Health
- Prevention of accidents and ill health
- Risk assessment/First Aid at Work
- Personal protective equipment
- Safety in the Workplace
- Health, Safety and Welfare
- Work Equipment
- Electricity/Fire Prevention
- Occupational Health
- Health hazards and hazardous substances
- Ergonomics and workstation design
- Manual Handling and Noise
To classify the role of risk assessment. Establish the key steps to successful risk assessment. Establish course member’s role in the risk assessment process.
Employees requiring an elementary appreciation of risk assessment.
- Review of ‘Six Pack’ particularly the management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations and up-dated regulatory requirements.
- Discussion and presentation of the various elements of the risk assessment process
- Risk Assessment exercise